19th October 2016
On the 12th of October 2016, Mr. Benny Lim, Group CEO of Goodrich Global was presented with the Productivity Partners Recognition Award at the Manufacturing Productivity Technology Centre (MPTC) Annual Conference held at Suntec in recognition of Goodrich’s effort to increase productivity, creating and driving a culture of continuous improvements.
Handing out the award was the Guest of Honour Mr Koh Poh Koon, Minister-of-State, Ministry of National Development and Ministry of Trade & Industry. The Award, which started last year, is to recognise companies which have worked with SIMTech, an A*STAR Research Institute, on productivity initiatives and who have shown commitment towards productivity improvement.
Since 2015, Goodrich Global commited to the program by sending 13 of its staff to attend SIMTech’s OMNI-LITE (Operations Management Innovation Lean Improvement Towards Excellence) programme over a 10-week period. They were trained on operational management and productivity concepts and were guided by SIMTech mentors to identify productivity improvement initiatives.
Recipients of the Productivity Partners Recognition Awards are selected based on these criteria:
– continuous productivity journey by the company
– multiple productivity initiatives participation
– impact of the productivity improvements
Goodrich was recongised for the following areas:
Operations Management Innovation – Lean Improvement Towards Excellence (OMNI-LITE) Programme
– Trained 13 champions for productivity improvement
• Implement Inventory Management Process estimated to reduce 20% in aging stock > 180 days, from $1.59M to $1.27M
• Implement forwarder partnership, estimated to increase on-time-delivery by 5% and reduce freight costs by 5%
• Deployed the use of an automated shrink-wrap machine, vacuum lifter and stair climber for lean manpower growth, with 60-80% productivity gain in processing time
Moving forward, Goodrich Global will be implementing a series of productivity related projects which is align with our strategic thrusts: customer experience, operational performance, workforce health, substainable growth and organisational excellence.
For more details of the product, please contact:
Goodrich Global (Headquarters)
Marketing Department | Goodrich Building | 8 Changi South Lane, #05-01| Singapore 486113 | T: 6787 8787 | F: 6788 7733 | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | Mon to Fri: 9am to 6pm S&S: 1030am to 7pm | Closed on Public Holidays
For Media Enquiries
Ms. Jean Leong | Head of Marketing
T: 6586 8763 | F: 6304 7236 | E: email@example.com